Mobile Network: Before the invention of wireless media in communication, people spoke on the telephone. Where the telephone had to always have one to be associated with it. The main problem of this method is that the telephone cannot be carried out. Always contact from any specific place. Therefore, we can understand the amount of non-wireless communication discovery that we are blessed for. In the beginning, only words could be said through this. But now apart from just talking, more work can be done, which was once beyond imagination. Internet is the biggest blessing of modern science. But nowadays we use the Internet or wired system? We are all now working on wireless networks, using the Internet, calling, video calling, movie / song download, online chatting etc.
However, the core of our discussion is not the wireless network but the evolution of this network for mobile telephones. Initially, it is very slow, but now this network is very fast and efficient. We will discuss this evolution. First of all, it does not have any basic idea about it. The first wireless network was started on mobile telephones in the United States in the 1980s. The first commercially used mobile network began in 1991. It has a company that spreads its network across specific areas. They have their own SIM card. Whenever a user enters this SIM in his mobile if he does not Work from inside the area if he is connected to the network to communicate with the outside world impregnability he gave the money to the company.
Wireless magnet waves that communicate with the user’s mobile and spread from one place to another. The evolution of the mobile network has been divided into several generations, such as 1G, 2G, 3G. Now we will discuss these generations.
1G or first generation: The first mobile networking technology that first launched in America in the 1980s. This communication media is established using AMPS (Advanced Mobile Phone Technology). This generation:
- The first mobile network technology, Of course, Wireless.
- Data transfer speed from -2.4 kbps to 14.4 kbps.
- Advantages: could only be spoken.
- There was no internet facility.
- Technology Types – Analog Technology
2G or second generation: The main difference between 1G and 2G was 1G analog method and 2G is digital technology. The difference between analog and digital is that in an analog process, a data is collected directly on the device to a device as a power signal, but the information is collected in the digital computer and is converted into a computer language, and the number is sent to the customer’s device as a string magnet wave.
- The advantages of analog and digital technology are:
- 1. Analog method is more expensive than the digital system.
- Information security is not ensured in the analog process, encrypted data is stored in digital mode.
- Analog system is more likely to be cross-connections to speak in mobile but there is no cross connection in digital.
The analog device directly displays the results by mechanical, but in the digit, it shows results by number. So we understand about analog and digital. Now come back to 2G technology again. The first 2G technology was launched in 1991 by the Finnish company of Radiolinja. This technology brings a lot of changes through wireless communication. The benefits of using the internet are available. The new facility that comes with this generation network:
- The technology used: – GSM (Global System For Mobile Communication)
- Data transmission speed – maximum 50 kbps
- SMS, MMS, Internet access, improved voice call
- EDGE: Advanced version of 2G. In this process, the data speed can be up to a maximum of 1mbps.
3G or third generation: Third Generation Wireless Network Technology The most used in the world today. The first 3G was launched in Japan in 2001. Nokia 6630 was the first mobile phone capable of running 3G, EDGE and 2G networks.
3rd party creates a revolution on the mobile network system. If the demand for internet is increasing, the demand for 3G continues to grow. In 2012, the first 3G was launched in Bangladesh. Teletalk is the first Bangladeshi operator to launch 3G.
This generation of network facilities: –
- Useful technology: WCDMA, IMT 2000, HSPA, HSPA +
- Data Transmission Speed: 384 kbps to 7.2 Mbps. 21mbps for HSPA +
- Video Streaming, High-Speed File Downloading, and Video Calling.
4G or fourth generation: The fastest wireless mobile network technology in the current situation. First published in 2008 and in South Korea in 2009, the first 4G was launched. FourG technology is up to 250 times faster than 3G technology and the data speed is too high. HTC company comes with the first four-wheeler smartphone. In 2014, the 4G is launched in Bangladesh.
4G technology facilities: –
- Technology used: LTE (Long Term Evolution), Wi-MAX
- Data Speed – maximum 50mbps, Normal 4-12mbps.
- Advantages: -He Definition Video Streaming, Video Calling.
5G : So far the highest level of mobile network technology. It is still in the developing stage. NGMN (Next Generation Mobile Network Alliance) is sponsoring 5. Their ideas will be launched commercially by 2020. It is a few times more powerful than the current 4G.
5G Facilities: –
- Data speed can be up to 1 Gbps !! That means a full HD (720p) movie will be downloaded in one second !!!
- Using multiple users at once, it will not lose its power. That means you can be able to serve many users together.
Note that only mobile phones are discussed, but network technologies are also applicable to computers or laptops.
More Technology Tutorials: